Pitt (1-1) will play its first true road game of the season as the team faces off against the Robert Morris Colonials (0-2) in the inaugural game at the Colonials’ new UPMC Events Center at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 12. Given that the game will be in Moon Township, Pa., it may not feel like a Pitt road game as there will surely be many Panthers fans in attendance. Still, coming off of a home loss to Nicholls State on Saturday, Jeff Capel’s Panthers will want to post a strong showing against the Colonials tomorrow night.
- Pitt will actually be Robert Morris’ second ACC opponent of the young season, as the Colonials lost to Notre Dame 92-57 on the road on Saturday, Nov. 9.
- Head Coach Andy Toole, in his 10th season at the helm for the Colonials, and has posted a career 168-142 record with the team, leading Robert Morris to the NCAA Tournament in 2015.
- The Colonials are 0-2 against Pitt during Toole’s tenure, having lost 74-53 to the Panthers in November, 2010, and81-71 to the Panthers in November, 2011. Both games were held at the Petersen Events Center.
- Robert Morris is currently ranked no. 309 in Ken Pomeroy’s college basketball ranking. Pitt is ranked no. 75.
- Tuesday’s game will feature two Terrell Browns–one for each team. Pitt junior center Terrell Brown may find himself on the court against Robert Morris freshman guard Terrell Brown, who logged five minutes in Robert Morris’ loss to Notre Dame. We can dream of it happening, anyway. And if it does, expect some tweets about it.
Robert Morris Preview
Robert Morris enters Tuesday’s matchup with Pitt eager to notch their first win of the season, as they play their first ever game at the new UPMC Events Center. The Colonials...
Subscribe to read full story
Tired of low effort articles and clickbait? So are we. Subscribe to read great articles written by a full-time staff with decades of experience.
Already a subscriber? Login Here